Manager at Complete Strategy
Full-time position, London based. Does this sound like you?
Complete Strategy advise clients in the energy and water sectors, providing independent and insightful advice to guide them through the challenges of the energy transition, help them navigate and influence regulatory and policy change, deliver value to their customers and provide superior returns to their shareholders. Our clients include major electricity and gas network companies, specialist energy service providers, financial investors, large water companies, energy technology companies, generators and retailers, as well as government and regulatory bodies.
Who are you?
You are a strategic thinker who wants to help stakeholders in the energy and utilities sectors address the transition to Net Zero, develop market growth strategies, respond to regulatory and policy changes and provide independent challenge to their thinking. You are interested in technological and social change and how these impact both the regulated and competitive parts of the energy and utility sectors. You are keen to work as part of a small team, taking on responsibility, working at high pace and are looking, and willing, to learn and grow,
Who are we?
First and foremost, we are energy and water experts. We have a deep understanding of the changing market conditions and policies that market participants, investors, regulators and policymakers need to navigate. We use our experience and imagination to advance industry thinking, addressing some of the most important changes in our markets. Our expertise means we provide independent and insightful advice to:
- Guide our clients through the challenge of the energy transition
- Navigate and influence regulatory and policy change
- Deliver to their customers
- Provide superior returns to shareholders.
Through the quality of our advice, we want our clients to achieve personal and business success. We aim to contribute positively to society and the environment and to provide opportunities for our people to develop. We do this by working with our clients and in partnership with our associates and alliance partners to provide access to a breadth of market intelligence and expertise.
What will you do?
If you join Complete Strategy, you will have significant responsibility from day one. You will work with clients on a day-to-day basis, supporting them as they tackle complex problems, and providing meaningful recommendations. You will work with our clients to turn your recommendations into action, working hand-in-hand as part of a mixed Complete Strategy-client team.
You will develop your consulting skills in a supportive environment, build and maintain client relationships and contribute towards the further growth of our business. You will work with more junior team members and coach them as they develop their own consulting skills. You will also work flexibly across client engagements and practice support to meet the needs of the business.
Your work at Complete Strategy will include client projects and practice support.
- Working directly and collaboratively with clients to enhance their teams, developing and maintaining client relationships.
- Taking ownership of client work, including specific deliverables, using your analytical and critical thinking skills to solve interesting and unstructured problems, managing the input of others.
- Communicating your findings effectively through high quality deliverables, including written reports, presentations and data analysis.
- Supporting, and taking responsibility for effective client meetings and workshops.
- Working with more junior team members, providing direction and coaching.
Our clients include major electricity and gas network companies, energy service providers, financial investors, large water companies, energy technology companies, and state-owned utilities.
- Keeping up to date with industry developments and applying your insight to produce high quality thought leadership and blogs.
- Overseeing and contributing to proposal and pitch material; supporting engagement with existing and potential clients.
- Taking on responsibility for selected activities linked to running and growing the business.
Who are we looking for?
Talented individuals who want to be part of our high performing, growing team. You will likely have:
- Experience operating in and managing others in one or more of the fields we specialise in – regulation, strategy or economics. This could include prior experience at a consulting firm, a regulator, central government or directly within industry.
- A genuine interest in helping to develop the energy and water sectors and supporting clients with delivering Net Zero.
- Strong quantitative or economic skills, including advanced use of Microsoft Excel or similar tools for data analysis and modelling.
- Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills, including proficient use of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- A team focus and a track record of working successfully as part of a team and collaborating to share knowledge.
- The skills to work with people; excellent interpersonal skills, emotional intelligence and the ability to build strong relationships with colleagues, clients and anyone else we come into contact with.
- The desire to help Complete Strategy grow to support more clients with bigger challenges
- An organised and proactive approach to work with a ‘can do’ attitude – willing to roll your sleeves up and work across a range of client projects.
- The ability to think flexibly, an openness to new ideas and change.
- A Bachelor’s degree (2:1) or equivalent international degree in a relevant subject, for example
Economics, Mathematics or Engineering.
- An ability to travel away from home, at times for several nights a week when required to deliver client work.
What can we offer you?
This is an opportunity to join a dynamic, friendly, supportive, and growing company as you continue to develop as a consultant.
We work collaboratively with our clients and our wider network of associates, and you will have the opportunity to use your curiosity, imagination and analytical skills to deliver our client projects and provide insights to our clients. You will learn and grow from working with a talented and experienced team, committed to your development. You will also receive:
- A competitive salary with performance-based bonuses.
- Income protection
- 25 days annual leave, alongside 8 public holidays, with an additional day after 2 years’ service
- Private Medical cover
- Income protection insurance
- Salary Sacrifice benefits (pension, cycle to work scheme, interest-free season ticket loan)
- Career development opportunities, and access to external training courses, and
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay
If you require adjustments during the application process, please let us know
Complete Strategy Ltd is committed to encouraging equality and diversity among our workforce. We aim for our workforce to be truly representative of all sections of society and our clients, and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best. Our recruitment and working environment are without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race (including colour, nationality, and ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, sex (gender) and sexual orientation